JAGP (The Japanese Association of Greater Philadelphia) is a non-profit organization serving the Japanese community in the Greater Philadelphia region since 1964.
Our mission is:
- to promote friendship amongst Japanese residing in the region.
- to provide information and counseling to Japanese newcomers to the region.
- to support and help Japanese students studying in the region.
- to provide continued care to the aged Japanese living alone in the region.
- to hold programs and activities for the purpose of promoting the understanding of Japanese culture as well as American culture.
- to promote exchange between Japanese and American residents through cultural and educational programs.
- to provide support to the visiting consular service by Consulate-General of Japan from New York.