Annual Membership New member….Jan – August (full price), Sep. – Nov. (half price), Dec. (full price including the upcoming year) - these fees are for only newly applied members.
From September to the end of November the membership fee will be half price during the campaign period.
- Family $30/35 - Individual $20/25 - Senior(65 and over) $12.5/17.5 - Student*$12.5/17.5
If you choose to receive the JAGP Newsletter by mail delivery, please understand that $10 will be added to your annual membership fee to cover the cost of printing and postage, so please pay an appropriate rate.
*A graduate student sponsored by a corporation or government fellowship needs to apply as an Individual member.
Please send the application form with your remittance to address below. You can download the form from the below. Please make a check Payable to:
JAGP Accounting Dept. P.O.Box 72812, Thorndale, PA 19372 Please fill in all relevant sections. I appreciate your cooperation.
All JAGP members can receive following services and attend following events.
1. Community Service • Help Line Service - There are two categories for this Help Line: Medical and Legal. Specialists from each category consult with members over the phone for free.
• Free Professional Seminar - What kind of laws should we be aware of if we plan to open a business? What are the laws we should know if we are involved in a car accident? JAGP offers free seminars by top lawyers on a variety of legal topics
• JAGP Newsletter - We send members our quarterly published bilingual newsletter filled with useful information about Japanese events, local news, and interesting articles. We also send the online version of the JAGP Newsletter for e-mail users prior to the printed version reaches you.
2. JAGP Main Events & Activities • New Year's Party - Every year, we hold a New Year's Party at a first-class hotel and celebrate the Japanese New Year with mochi and Japanese entertainment (i.e. shishimai (lion dance)Performance) and much more. There are also exciting door prizes such as air tickets to Japan and hotel certificates.
• One-day Consulate Service - Twice a year, we provide a service at which Japanese citizens can obtain or renew their passports and submit other documents for the Japanese government in Philadelphia instead of going to New York.
• Events - We conduct tours to classical music concerts and the Philadelphia Opera Company as well as some sports events. Usually, the tickets acquired by JAGP for such tours provide good seats at reasonable, group prices. Members can, in other words, enjoy tickets which would be difficult to acquire and more expensive if purchased individually.
• Chorus Group - JAGP organized its chorus group. If you would like to sing, join us!
• Towa Essay Contest - Through "the JAGP Towa Morris Foundation", we hold essay contest for middle and high school students.
• We are building the JAGP Website at which people will be able to access our regular pages and our member's only pages.
Pay with your credit card to complete the application process Please proceed to the payment section. From September to the end of November the membership fee will be half price during the campaign period.
Please select the appropriate member category to pay the annual memgership fee.
Membership Application by Mail Please download the form below and send it along with the check payable to JAGP.